Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Every now and then you get to have an OFF day!!

I know two posts in one day...bear with me...I wanted to get this one in. Yesterday Aubree had a VERY off day at daycare. She called me around 9:00 crying and saying she missed me...which isn't like her...so I talked to her for a bit and told her I would take her to lunch. I think with the time change, being out of school and a busy weekend she was just worn out.

I got to daycare at 11:00 to take her to lunch and her teacher said when she was sad she and Aubree sat down and wrote me a letter...it was one of those moments that I had to choke back tears, so, so sweet. I scooped her up and took her out to the car and just held her, I felt so bad that she was having a rough day. We ate lunch at Mazzios talked, laughed and had a great time...I could tell it really made her feel better. I realized that I need to take her to lunch every now and then, good mommy and Aub time.

Below is the letter (or picture she drew)...she asked me to take it to work and put it up in my office...I brought it to work then took it home...I'm going to frame this! I love it!! :-)

Such a sweet girl!! Today was a much better day! I'm so glad!! :-)


2 comments:

Becky said...

You made my eyes tear up! How very sweet! Ashton is having one of those days today, so not sure what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna try to rescue my little girl.

Kelly said...

I love their little art work!! Liv really misses Aub!!