Friday, August 15, 2008

The Sad Star

As most of you know Aub has her fair share of meltdowns, thought they would get better as she grew up but they haven't yet...she will cry or meltdown at a drop of a hat...it's crazy sometimes!!
I even had someone ask me this past week if I was nervous about sending her to school because of her meltdowns. I told them no because we didn't have any problems with them last year at Mother's Day Out...I really think it's a mommy and daddy thing.
So I wanted to share with you the dialogue of a conversation I had with Aub after school yesterday...

Mommy: "Hi Aub did you have a good day"

Aubree: "Yes, I love it, I like my teacher, can I go there everyday"

Mommy: "well as a matter of fact you can...what did you learn today"

Aubree: "nothing, my teacher just talked"

Mommy: "did she give you rules for your class"

Aubree: "yes, mommy she has a sad, sad star in her class"

Mommy: (very interested to hear about the sad star) "she does"

Aubree: "yes, mommy I can't throw any fits or I have to put my name on the sad star, I do not want my name on the sad star, so I won't throw any fits, Ok Mommy, one little boy had to put his name on the star already, Mrs. Walker and the STAR were very sad, Mrs. Walker said the star might cry, I really don't want the star to cry"

Mommy: I just smiled....

Because inside I'm thinking how hilarious it is that she knows she has her meltdowns and realizes she needs to keep them in check at school, and that it took a sad STAR to do it, hilarious....I think I'm gonna have to get a sad star for home though, HA!!!! :-)

I also wanted to give a big CONGRTULATIONS to my Uncle JD and his wife Kelly, they had a baby boy last night. Hunter James, he weighs 7 lbs & 13 oz and is 22 inches long...hope everyone is doing well, you will have to come to OK so we can all see him!!
They are supposed to be doing a blog so as soon as they have it up and running I'll post it for everyone!!
Love you!!

1 comment:

Kelly T said...

Okay, this is really very interesting to me. At 13 months Sophie already does this (like it scares me sometimes b/c she throws such bad fits), and I'm glad to hear that you have a normal child who does this. I've been getting a little concerned.