Her teacher is an older woman (Ms. Walker) and you can tell she just adores teaching little kids and really gets into her job...with the help of other teachers and workers at the school she pulls off some pretty elaborate things for the kids, she told us a few stories of things they do when they do the "letter people"...it was awesome, Brian and I talked on the way to get the kids from my parents of if she does those things this year it's going to be a pretty special time for Aub.
WELL...this bring us to the Gingerbread Man...our first in what is going to be an exciting year.
As soon as Aub got into the car today she began telling me the story of the gingerbread man...we all know the story...making the gingerbread man only for him to jump off the pan and run away...ok folks in the world of prek this REALLY happened today...I was cracking up at her telling me the story...apparently they went to the schools kitchen and made a HUGE gingerbread man...they went back to their room to hear a story and when they went back to eat the man he had, yes folks you guessed, RAN AWAY...she went on and on how there was a REAL (from the stories Ms. Walker told last night she has the office secretaries and even the principals dress up for these awesome things she does) so from that and from what Aub was saying there was a person dressed as a gingerbread man running around Apple Creek Elementary today...she said they he left them notes along their way trying to find him...and when they finally found him he was back on the pan in their classroom ready for them to enjoy...I wish you all could have heard her tell this story...it was the cutest, sweetest, most excited thing I have ever heard...this is going to be a great and fun year for her...I'm so excited for her...can't wait for the next exciting story that comes to life, what a great way to teach kids!!!!
YAH FOR PRE-K!!!!! :-)
Oh and YES there is a sad star in her room...we heard all about him last night at the meeting, and she said he works like a charm...I can already tell!!

1 comment:
Sounds like she has a great teacher!
Post a Comment