Thursday, May 14, 2009

Opening Doors



My friend Nicole (over at Sizzling Savages) asked Kelly, Becky and I to be in Junior Hospitality Club. This is a great organization that does a lot of community service projects for our local community, along with raising money for specific organizations around the OKC area, it's a very awesome opportunity to help within the community and get to meet a lot of really fun people. For more info check out www.jhok.org

If the girls in the group are anything like Nicole we will have a blast. Nicole invited us to their JH May Giveaway dinner next Thursday night at the Skirvin, it's an opportunity to go and check out JH and to see if it's something for you, very cool!! So we are all going and so excited!!

I have been praying for God to let me open up and do things that I don't normally do, get out of my comfort zone so to speak. I do believe that God put Nicole in my life a few months ago for this purpose (no pressure Nicole) I say this because this type of thing is really something I would normally probably shy away from, no time, life worries, etc, etc...but I can see through Nicole that things like this are good things to take your time and are well worth it in the end. So I'm excited about this new adventure and all the adventures my "new life" will take me on!! I'm open and embracing anything new that comes my way, even if JH isn't for me, I will be doing something next Thursday night that I probably normally wouldn't do, that's a huge step in the right direction of where God wants to take me!! So I say..."Bring it on"... :-)

***Addition***I can't believe I totally meant to put this in when I was praising Nicole...if it wasn't for KELLY I would have never met Nicole...so I want to thank Kelly too for bringing all of this about, I am a HUGE believer that God puts people in your life for a reason and he has shown me that through Kelly time and time again!!

Love you girls!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That was such a nice post, thank you the kind words! I believe that everything does happen for a reason, and I need to thank Kelly for that... if we would not of shared a horrible job together and bonded because of it I would of never joined Shabby Souls never been welcomed into you girls little group! I am so excited about JH and I hope you all will love it as much as I do and get as much in return from what you put into it, as I hope to!!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the sweet encouragement. The DV is for you dear friend! Love you!! And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:28 (NLT)