This summer when I was stressing over if I made the right decision to put her in pre k as one of the older kids, I had the thought that maybe if she's older she won't be such a follower.
This was one of the first things we asked her teacher and she told us she had seen no signs of her being a follower, if anything more of a leader, I feel like by making her one of the older kids it kinda pushed her into a leader role, she's more mature than some of her classmates, some of them just turned 4. This made us very happy!!
Her teacher said she is doing really well, knows all her letters but 3, H,V & D, which the D might be my fault...we spell Brody all the time so she knows the lower case d, we never use the upper case d...so we need to work on those. Her teacher did say that she knew what each of those letters sounded like and that was good. She counts well, cuts, well, is social, etc....but the thing that made me tear up...her teacher told us that there is a special needs little boy in their class and Aubree is his natural helper, she said she helps him with everything and they have a special bond...oh that just warmed my heart, she has compassion for others...that was so precious.
When we got home we had told Aubree what all her teacher said and had the following conversation:
Mom: "Aub do you have a special friend that you help during the day"
Aub: "yes, his name is Cameron and his shoes are always falling off so I help him put them on"
Brian and I just cracked up, how sweet and precious is that!!! Oh she totally made mommy and daddy's day!!!!
We are SO PROUD of her!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment