Sunday, December 9, 2007

LONG DAY!! Ice Storm 2007...

Welcome to Ice Storm 2007, which I will have pics of tomorrow!! Our day began around 6 am when both of my kids were wide awake (NICE), we didn't get much sleep last night anyway because we were having what I like to call ice thunderstorms. Yes folks freezing rain is falling outside and it's thundering and lightening, it's the craziest thing.
So anyway, back to my day, working for a birthday party place, an ice storm, snow etc always make for an interesting day. The Pump It Up phone began ringing around 8 am with worried parents panicking because of the storm, I quickly informed them that they can reschedule their party or get their deposit back. Around 8:15 am the owner of Pump It Up called me and had decided to go ahead and shut down both stores. So I proceeded to call everyone and reschedule parties, I was crazy busy with this until around 1 pm. All the while listening to the weather men cutting into regular programming (like they always do for weather events in Oklahoma). They were saying it was just going to get worse, etc so that caused people that have parties scheduled for Monday to call us also, let's just say CRAZY morning. It worked out well though, since both kids woke up so early they both fell back asleep for a few hours so it gave me some uninterupted working time. Oh and did I mention that Brian is at his friend Aaron's house in Dallas, he went down there on Saturday for his friends birthday.
Let's just say crazy day!!
Needless to say me and Aub took a much needed nap. Yep you heard me right, the girl took two naps today! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
After our nap we decided we were bored, Brian still wasn't home and we had no food in the house, so we decided to venture out and get some McDonald's (Aub's favorite). After realizing that they roads weren't too bad we decided to run over and see Baby Kota and CoCo. It was a nice break from our house, all the while knowing we're probably going to be stuck in the house tomorrow also! Noooooooo!! :-)
Finally around 6 pm Brian got home. He looked like Santa coming into the house. We won't see Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin when we head to Ft. Worth for christmas this year so she sent our gifts home with Brian, so Aub immediately asked to open her gift. So sat down and had our Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin christmas!! Thanks guys, we loved everything! We'll miss you this year!!
Enjoy the pics....More of Ice Storm 2007 tomorrow, gotta get pics of the good ice!!

Aub eagerly awaiting opening her gift.


Aub opening her gift!



Showing off her goods. An Ariel blanket and a Disney Princess Book!


Brode ripping into his gift! I think he'll enjoy opening gifts this year. Although right after I took this pic he turned around and started playing with the tissue paper, go figure!!



I love, love, love this pic, look at that precious little face...his camo jacket from Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin.

Aub wrapped up in her blanket.






No comments: